May 10th, 2017
* The Tharnadian Armoury now has a forge.
* A handcarved pipe is no longer 45 copper.
* Numerous typos fixed.
* You will now start with newbie eq when using the auto-level option.
* Pipes break a little easier now.
* There are now messages when the various effects of smoking wear off.
* The various effects of smoking now show in score.
* Added a few Immortal commands.
May 7th, 2017
* A new zone, Arcorar - the Great King Forest, has been added south of Arcium, the Plagued Kingdom.
* The default toggles for new characters should now be set properly when using the auto-level option.
May 5th, 2017
* The level limit for the UC Nexus has been raised to 50.
* Innate phantasmal form no longer crashes the mud when a NPC uses it. Cheaters.
* There's now a message when you can smoke more.
* There's now an option to start at levels (up to 31) higher than level 1 when creating a character.
April 29th, 2017
* Summoner cooldown of their conjure skill has been tweaked to be faster.
* The skill 'expert riposte' now has a message to go along with it.
* Removed the whole offensive off change.
* The Necromancer spell 'slashing darkness' no longer does double-chill-touch damage.
* The epic stone in the Ruined Temple of Tezcatlipoca has been moved to Bard Faust, The Lord of Darkness.
* The Mercenary innate that stops people from fleeing is now Brigand only.
April 15th, 2017
* The 'offensive off' command no longer works with physical attacks.
* The spell 'enervation' was tweaked to match the vamp cap of the rest of the vamp options.
* The terrifying visage of the great wraith Dranum is now Max Constitution instead of regular.
* Random equipment should now have apply moves / hitpoints again.
April 12th, 2017
* Shared nexus tasks should now work right.
* Non-Reavers should no longer get combat pulse from the spell 'kanchelsis fury'.
* The spell 'feeblemind' no longer crashes the mud.
* Dragon breath no longer engages you when you have offensive off.
April 6th, 2017
* Random equipment should be more suitable for those who acquire it (ie int gear for Sorcerers).
* Shop messages should now display properly (Shop keepers still won't tell you anything if they can't see you).
* Gnomes get calming at level 31.
April 1st, 2017
* Summoner multiclasses should now be limited to summoning within their realm of knowledge.
-A Haruspex is a multiclassed Summoner / Shaman. They can conjure as if specialized as a Naturalist.
-An Archmage is a multiclass Summoner / Sorcerer. They can conjure as if specialized as a Mentalist.
-An un-specialized, non-multiclassed Summoner can not conjure.
-Due to the mental difficulties of being a multiclass, Summoners must contain all the conjures they want before multiclassing.
March 26th, 2017
* The top fragger / total frags shown in the society list are now correct, as well as the data in 'frag guild'.
* The staff of blue flames must be wielded in order to have the globe of darkness work.
* The Bard song, 'song of healing', is now affected by empower song.
* The command 'prestige' now works again.
* The spells 'mage flame' and 'globe of darkness' now show under Enchantments in score.
March 21st, 2017
* A dead mouse is now takeable.
* Outpost upkeep for multiple outposts increased.
* The command order maproom now ends with a newline.
March 18th, 2017
* Frost Magus once again get the spell 'arieks shattering iceball' in 10th circle.
* A LARGE green ioun stone now procs the spell 'regeneration'.
March 13th, 2017
* A new subcommand 'society <online|i>' lists only guild members who are online.
* Pirate ship names no longer ansi-bleed, and Destroyed weapons should space appropriately.
* A bug with Illusionist pets stealing frags has been fixed.
* Forest Druids got a boost to their 'natures touch' healing.
* The spells 'vitality' and 'vitalize undead' are now mutually exclusive.
* Immmortals can now pre-approve names using the 'approve add <name>' command.
* When scanning into the 'obscuring mist' spell, the message now gives a direction.
* The Necromancer teacher, Tamor, is now a spec teacher.
* Only Illithids can use the spell 'wormhole' on people who have no-locate toggled on.
* A bug which gave guilds lots of money for going broke on outpost upkeep is fixed.
* The shutdown timer should now display a little better (on the hour, on the 15 min mark, on the 5 min mark, etc).
* Containers and quest items that have load percentages set in zone files now use that percentage instead of being 100% load.
* The targetting for staves has been tweaked; they target everything possible for the most part (ie area).
-As such, many staves have had their charges dropped slightly.
March 4th, 2017
* a set of gnomish monocles of spell-reading is now a gnomish monocle of spell-reading.
* Earth Reaver spells now take into account their 2h bludgeon at level 53.
* a leather-wrapped stone warhammer no longer pretends to be a spear.
* Downgrade to earthen grasp spells (heavier for PC pets).
* All spears are now actually spears.
* Roland and Ethan are now 50% load mobs instead of having a chance to walk into a trap room (trap room no longer exists).
* Messing up the 'society name ...' command no longer crashes the mud.
* You no longer need to hoard copper, silver, and gold in your guild accounts; the mud has learned to make change for expenses such as outpost upkeep.
February 25th, 2017
* New mining achievement: Do You Rock.
* The proc on a gladius called 'Backstabber' should now target properly.
* The command 'society kick' should now remove titles.
* Sylvandawn is no longer located in the UD.
* The chance to drift via the bard song of drifting is now 3/4 of the time at max skill.
* A marksman's quiver is now an actual quiver.
* A shady Mazewatcher can now be targetted as shady or mazewatcher.
* The spell 'remove curse&' now cures enervation.
* Mining noise on map decreased to a 15 room radius (down from 20 rooms).
* Mining noise can now be heard inside zones (when mining inside the zone).
February 20th, 2017
* Guild issues fixed:
-Titles no longer stick when kicked while offline.
-Guild racewar sides should work right now.
* Do You Mine bonus raised from 10% to 15%.
February 9th, 2017
Lohrr says 'don't expect any code from me until Feb 20th about.. new keyboard en route.'
February 8th, 2017
* The spell 'silence' no longer lasts longer when almost saved against.
* Multi-class skill caps fixed.
* A tired bard is now actually a Bard.
* The two-handed weapon bonus no longer applies to all weapons (oops).
* You can now 'equip sort spider' in locker for spider body.
* A mask of pulsating veins now has keyword 'mask'.
February 6th, 2017
* When you delete a guilded character, it is now removed from the guild.
* A glowing globe from The Ancient Halls of Ironstar is no longer takeable.
* The spell 'decaying flesh' should now work correctly.
* Pets can no longer summon mounts.
* You can now smoke in UD-Inside terrain.
* PC pet thieves no longer steal.
* A slab of beef has gone up in price due to supply and demand. Likewise, the price of fresh clover honey sticks has gone down.
* Ice Reavers now can max 1h bludgeon.
* Track no longer runs into UD-Mountains.
* The great spear of the Tukluks is now a spear.
* A few buggy area-spell zone messages have been fixed.
* The spell 'greater earthen grasp' has been tweaked slightly.
February 4th, 2017
* Yzar is now an Illithid Monk. Enjoy.
February 3rd, 2017
* Some more level 31 spec skills moved to level 30.
* Misfire now counts correctly (instead of misfiring at 10, now starts at 11 as intended).
* Items flagged No-Sleep are now effective against Beholders.
* Beholder disintegrate no longer completely destroys equipment every failed save; it now does damage to an item.
* The Bard song drifting now works properly.
* You, once again, will misfire when on map (continent based).
* The chance of misfiring now goes from 0 up to max instead of from max down to 0 when the number of people over the limit goes up.
* The extra 2 dexterity attacks (one primary, one secondary) are now granted to unarmed people as if their weapon were weight 0.
* The level cap now moves to 2 days + 1..24 hrs at level 40 (was 51). Note that this will not affect this wipe.
January 29th, 2017
* Weight bug via weightless containers should be fixed.
* New mining achievement: Do You Mine.
* Minotaurs can now wear horseshoes.
* The drop rate for gems from regular mines increased a bit.
January 27th, 2017
* The proc on an astral metal hammer named 'Frozen Star' is now cold snap and ice spikes.
* When failing an attempted conjure, the cooldown has been reduced, and is now based on Charisma and level.
* A sharp longsword is now 4d4 instead of 1d7.
* Some robes of protection are now usable by Summoners.
* You can not buy level mushrooms until you are level 51.
January 25th, 2017
* Gems from regular mines now have a value so they can be sold.
* Regular mines now have more ore on average.
* The chances of getting a named random item have increased considerably (still must be at least level 11 to get a named drop).
January 23rd, 2017
* When you receive a shared task that is blood or nexus, you can now complete said task.
* Beligron in Arachdrathos - Drow City, is now an Earth Reaver.
* The limit of 20 frags for kills on players under level 40 has been lifted this wipe.
* The chance of getting a named random item has been tweaked.
January 22nd, 2017
* There is now a small chance (based on luck) that you will find a gem in a regular mine.
* Those who make a successful check against their mounted combat skill will not fall off their mount when tackled.
* The spell 'baladors protection' now always gives a small amount of ac (in addition to the protection from *s), but does not give the 'armor' effect as well.
January 20th, 2017
* Ship insurance now goes to the auction house instead of ship coffers when the captain is not online.
* A bracelet of dracolich teeth now gives you ac instead of taking it away.
* The ansi on the spell 'life leech' is fixed.
January 17th, 2017
* Earth Reavers got some spells and stuff.
* The timer on innate stoneskin is now 5 mins.
* Outposts now charge the right guild.
* All epic skills are now refunded when you multiclass.
* When you headbutt and kill your target, you now lag.
January 16th, 2017
* The owner of your ship now gets changed when renaming.
* Mentalists and Fire Magi now get the spell 'immolate' in 9th circle.
* A short crystal javelin is now a spear instead of a dagger.
* A stern paladin is now a Paladin instead of a Druid.
* The damage from backstab now runs from 50% to 100% at skill 1-100 (it was 1% to 100%).
* The search for a valid dim path only requires that you can get to the target (no longer requires that you can make it back).
* Poisoned food does a lot less damage now.
* The effects of some human brains have been shortened.
* A large boulder at the rear entrance to Faang no longer falls into another room at boot.
* A yellow ring of chrysoberyl is now usable by Summoners.
* The level cap now has an additional 1 to 24 hours on the timer (randomly chosen at time of overall cap increase).
January 14th, 2017
* The spell 'acidimmolate' is now Earth Magus and Naturalist only.
* Portals in guildhalls now go to the furthest of the mentioned hometowns (help construct).
January 13th, 2017
* The level cap timer has been reduced to 1 day for under 50, and 2 days for 50+.
January 12th, 2017
* All donations have been reimbursed. Send your thanks to Ashyel.
* Tala, the Necromancer teacher is now level 51.
* A HUGE rockworm has evolved a memory and now breathes acid.
* Equipment of type armor now has a higher item value based on its ac apply.
* The item value for globe of invulnerability has increased by 5.
* Some flowing spidersilk robes covered in shadows are now prot fire instead of fire prot.
* The 'order sail <dir> <distance>' command now works a little more efficiently.
* You can now 'order maproom' to see the room's title and number.
* The demonic warmace 'Pure-Dark' is now available to BeRSeRKeRs.
* Marianne, the human reaver teacher, no longer breathes.
* The skill 'trample' can only knock down sizes +1 / -1.
* Driders and Centaurs can no longer be knocked down by trample unless the trampler is one size larger.
* The attributes needed for skills in help files have been updated.
* A myrabolan spellbook now has keyword spellbook.
* Certain zone-wide messages are no longer seen when incapacitated / sleeping / deaf.
January 7th, 2017
* The spell 'acidimmolate' is now 9th circle and does damage over pulses.
* Same-side PvP no longer causes misfire.
* Tweaked healing amount on spells 'greater mending' and 'mending'.
* A revolting orange and yellow cloak is now worn about body.
* The prices for pipes has been tweaked.
* Lances now give bludgeon message as well as bludgeon when used in melee.
* The enhance level limit has been tweaked again and is now quadratic instead of linear.
* WE HAVE EQ-WIPED! THIS IS DUE TO THE INFLUX OF OP GEAR FROM ENHANCE.
January 6th, 2017
* You now fall off your mount when tackled.
* Monk chant regenerate tweaked (faster regen, less time, better display in score).
* The bug where get / put was causing people to gain / lose carried weight is fixed.
* BIG CHANGE: There must now be a path to and from a room to dim to it. This means no dimming from fireplane to alatorin or vice versa.
* You can no longer headbutt kneeling / sitting targets.
* You no longer lose skills when dying and losing level (for real this time).
* An obsidian raven from Defense of Longhollow is now all 3 minor spheres and greater animal.
January 4th, 2017
* The spell 'faerie fire' now gives a purple aura instead of purple.
* The shaman spells 'spirit anguish', 'greater spirit anguish', 'soul disturbance' and 'greater soul disturbance' are now all damage type spiritual, instead of type psionic.
* The bug where the empty command could alter your carried weight is fixed.
* Since we are not auto-approving in 5 mins, the message has been changed.
* The bug where skills were dropping to their minimum should now be fixed.
* A sewing needle from Harrow -The Gnome Village is now 4d2 instead of 3d5 and more expensive.
* A beautiful siren from Home of the Divine is now a Bard instead of Anti-Paladin.
* If you spam nchat, you will lose the privilege of using it for a while.
* You can no longer suicide on the Ocean or a Boat while the ocean is in a pvp state.
January 2nd, 2017
* Group caps raised to 20, but misfire still at 10.
* Eased vamping multiplier for non-Anti-Paladins; You now vamp slightly more with doing slightly less damage.
December 29th 2016
* The timer now shows on frag list (this is the time until the next level can be opened).
* The amount of frags one must top to gain control of the level cap now shows on the frag list.
* The amount of frags needed to open the next level now shows on the frag list.
* There is now a (Non-Fraggable) flag for lowbies.
* You can no longer salvage/enhance random weapons.
* You can no longer enhance items with an item level above 2 times your level.
* The frag level cap has been altered to lvl 30, .1 frags, and racewar side None.
-This was done because of a bug that allowed Evils to gain level 30 without enough frags.
-This means the first side to get a positive frag total will be able to reach level 30.
-After the first frag, you need a personal total frags to go above the previous maximum to switch level 30 to your side.
December 26th 2016
* A steel warhammer is now a 2h bludgeon weapon.
* To clarify things, the spell 'contain being' is now spec only.
* Your local dealer should no longer have a ton of potions, nor invis self.
* Yzar is now permenantly A Skeleton and now has a skeletal mount (less moves / hps) to match.
* All locker accesses have been reset (a day or so ago) as this was missed at wipe.
* Skeletons are now eyeless.
* The prices on herbs and pipes has been reduced.
* The amount of time remaining before a new level can be achieved now displays via the frag command.
* The level cap timer is now 1 day for level 20s, 2 days for level 30s, 3 days for level 40s, and 4 days for the 50s.
* The timer has been reset allowing for lvl 28.
December 23rd 2016
* We have wiped.
December 22nd 2016
* Last change that will be in on the 23rd: Misfire code update.
-Misfiring no longer is based on how many people are within one room; it now checks the whole zone, or, for surface maps, the whole continent.
-Misfiring no longer occurs until PvP is started; this means no alerting the side that's zoning.
-Misfire limits per racewar side: 10 for Goods/Evils/Undeads, and 1 for Neutrals.
-Rather than checking numbers each attack, we now store a misfiring state and number of players in zone / on continent. This should speed things up considerably.
-Rather than looking up properties in the properties file, we store a bunch of misfire properties in variables now which, again, should speed things up a good bit.
December 20th 2016
---=== Changes that will be in on the 23rd. ===---
* The bandages in the stores of Khildarak Stronghold are now unlimited.
* Breath weapon damage reduced. Such damage from pets is now 1/3 damage from 1/4.
* New level cap info:
-It now steps at .6 frags up from .4.
-When capped on a circle level, the losing side(s) is(are) not penalized.
-There is now a timer each time the cap is raised equivalent to 2 days for the first 10 notches, 3 days for the next 10, and 4 days for the final 10. What this means: the cap will not go up for two days after the first notch from 25 to 26, for 3 days from level 35 to 36, 4 days for 45 to 46.
-After the timer is up, someone must frag and have enough frags to increase the cap; if you get 20 frags the first day then never log back in, you're frags will only increase the cap from 25 to 26.
-This means, it will take 3 months to reach level 56 assuming PvP is occurring regularly.
* The damage from two-handed weapon dice has increased 50% (this does not include damroll, just the dice).
* The % increase to load the next item when one item fails to load (due to random load code) has increased from 5% to 25%. This means if the first two items fail to load, the third's chance is 50+% + 2 * 25% or 100% chance.
* Multiclassing has been re-enabled:
-You must now reach level 50 to multiclass.
-Druid/Cleric and Blighter/Cleric multis have ben removed.
* Elven shrug has been reduced.
* Flank damage increased 5%.
* Psionicist hps reduced 5%.
* Psionicists are now limited to Githyanki and Githzerai.
* Ethermancer tupor times reduced slightly.
* Paladins have been made Human only.
* Anti-Paladins have been made Orc only.
* Monks have been made Human/Orc only.
* Duergar Dwarf Reavers are now Earth spec only (Note: Earth spec not finished, but will be worked on this wipe).
* Dwarves can no longer be Druids.
* Duergar can no longer be Blighters.
* Some frost giant mobs are now actually race Frost Giant (which now have stats comparable to regular Giants).
* Some mobs changed from Water Elemental to Ice Elemental.
* Prince Wasephius now has a 20% chance to load his sword and is now a Druid/Warrior so he can wield it effectively.
* The spell 'judgement' should no longer make !fear people flee.
* An illusionist apprentice in The Town of Moregeeth is now actually an Illusionist.
* The constitution bonus for casters has been reduced from 2 to 1.
* A few Reaver spells and skills have been tweaked.
-The spell 'ferrix precision' now scales a little more with level.
-The spell 'kanchelsis fury' now scales with level.
* The number of extra dexterity attacks has been changed to 1 for primary hand and 1 for secondary hand. The new caps are at the str-weight ratios of 6 or 20 and dexterity of 125 or 150.
* Rolling for stats has been made a lot easier.
* Guildhalls are now map-only.
* A shimmering longsword now procs properly.
* You now take more damage from being position sitting than when kneeling.
* Flank and circle damage no longer supercedes position additional damage; now, standing people take the full bonus from flank/circle and non-standing people take 1/2 the flank/circle bonus damage times the bonus from kneeling/sitting/prone.
* The amount of epics gained from a 1.0 frag has increased from 120 to 250.
* Barbarians have regained the groundfighting innate which grants the groundfighting skill at level 21.
* The spell 'razor wind' now pulses faster.
* Ethermancers now get the epic skill chant mastery.
* The spell 'frost beacon' should now last considerably longer.
* When you drink (un)holy water that heals you, you are now lagged slightly.
* Aggressive Bard songs should now target properly.
* A display case in Alatorin - the Forge City is now transparent.
* The exhume skill's cooldown timer is now affected by skill level.
* The spell 'windrage' now gives 2 pulse at 56.
* A flaming sabre from the 'flame blade' spell now grants a higher chance to proc fireball instead of flame strike.
* The spell 'drain nature' now heals like the spell 'natures touch'.
* Potion junkies rejoice! You can now smoke some herb in your bowl if you go to your local dealer to buy some (dealers can be found in Tharnadia - City of Humans, Shady Grove, and Arachdrathos - Drow City).
November 10th, 2016
---=== Tentative next wipe date December 23rd. ===---
-No new changes will be copied over until then.
November 3rd, 2016
* An iron golem in Plane of Fire, Brass now blocks the entrance.
* The staff of blue flames now procs globe of darkness when you say dark and works when darkened.
October 31st, 2016
* General help files and bug fix updates.
* A nightmare from an ethereal realm has realised it does not appreciate being ridden anymore.
* The Plains of Life is now a valid newbie zone again. Leaving this area move you to Ailvio, Duris Newbie Outpost.
* The spell 'natures touch' is now event based instead of hp-regen based. What this means is more accurate heal exp, as well as a different formula for the healing. Total healing should be about the same, but will drop off over time instead of be a constant rate each tick.
* The spells 'regeneration' and 'accelerated healing' should now compensate for the changes to hp-regen.
October 28th, 2016
* A crafty magician in the Lost Temple of Tikitzopl will now respond to list and items.
* Tweaked and re-activated Charon's ship which runs from UC to EC.
* Record connections on who list is back (but not current).
* Mobs should no longer bite while incapacitated/slept/mortally wounded.
* The cooldown on Monk auto-stand has increased from half a violence pulse to a full pulse.
* Changes to health regen:
-Troll regen reduced.
-Epic bonus health regen changed to an absolute from %.
-Trolls no longer get Troll + Revenant regen.
-Stacking hp regen eq / buffs no longer stays linear (diminishing returns now).
* Cooldown for feign death timer has been removed for mobs.
* Feign death timer reduced to 1 minute for Necromancers and 3 for others.
October 22nd, 2016
* The taste command no longer poisons you when you taste something poisoned. However, it will do a little damage.
* The spell 'frost bolt' now caps at level 30 instead of 14 (?!) and does a little more damage, but can be saved against.
* Mobs will now track through / into no-mob rooms, but not through no-track (a new flag) rooms.
-Only a few rooms are no-track: Guild rooms, lockers, random zones, and outpost gates.
* Tweaked regen such that it's now an int instead of short (this should stop ppl from going over the max and hitting negative regen).
* Also, resting / sleeping regen is increased.
* Disabled unfinished code for random item smithing (shouldn't affect anyone atm).
* You now fall off your mount if dream-traveled. Also, dream travel sets your flying-level (currently unused unless on a flying carpet / dragon / etc)>
* The Windows and Linux versions of DE are synched (Yes, that means a new version is available for Windows: "https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx7K9FnZ1k-IaDBRRE5aZHM3R00").
* Reduced frag threshold for feeding from .19 to .15.
* The Temple of Laduguer no resets a little less often.
* The society list should now display more quickly (no longer lag the mud).
* Total in-game connections and record number of connections in who list no longer shows to mortals.
* The blood-bonus exp should start notching a little earlier now.
September 25th, 2016
* People affected by a race change effect will now switch back to their original race upon death.
* A hammer named "Drowcrusher" should now display properly and now transports the whole room upon proc.
* The spell 'razor wind' is now targetted and defaults to whatever you're fighting if no target is supplised.
* The spell 'frost beacon' now lasts longer at higher levels.
* IMPORTANT CHANGES TO LOCKERS
-Locker access has been moved from a file-based system to database-based.
-This means you need to re-add everyone you want to have access.
-You can do this quickly by entering your locker and 'grant transfer'.
-This also means that locker access to a character's name will be revoked when that character is deleted (ie Someone's Hardcore dies, then a new character with the same name is created. The new character will not have access to the lockers that the Hardcore had).
* Those on the Neutral racewar side (nobody atm) now have a bonus to random item drop chances.
* A new help file, random equipment drops, outlines the chances for random equipment stuff. This may change in the (not near) future without the helpfile being changed.
* Help files now show the last update time and the last person to update.
* A crashbug with people leaving Heaven is fixed.
September 24th, 2016
* Demogorgon shouts again.
* Those with multiples of the same types of artifacts may see their feed times drop differently now.
* Added Demon Slayer achievement.
* More cleanup of ship-shop code; you can now only buy one piece of each type of equipment (Who needs two Diplomat's Flags anyway?).
* Only one copy of the coins in the Myrloch Vale Treasure Chamber Of The Under-Realms load now.
* The crown of Aramus got some love; You now only have a 1 in 100 chance to get naked on a bad roll, but the odds of a bad roll have increased from 1 in 13, but also the odds of getting a buff have increased too.
* The timer on 'feign death' has been cut in half.
* Made the increase in epic gains (for goods and evils) permanent for this wipe.
September 22nd, 2016
* Sorry about the crashes. We're stable again.
* There's a new portal that goes to the UC-nexus zone entrance in the 4 major hometowns.
-This zone is limited to lvl 30s and below.
-Mobs are easier in said zone per the level limits.
* 'Waiting on a certificate update to get the rest of the news updated.
September 19th, 2016
* Minotaur rage pulse bonus increases at lvl 28 and 56 (to -2 and -3 respectively).
* The base chance for charge has increased from 50% to 65%.
* Tiamat's heads now proc properly (no more white head breathing darkness, etc).
* Tiamat's breath weapons are now the new ones instead of the old ones.
* You can now target yourself with the spell 'wither' but I don't recommend it.
* A fur skin cloak of the tundra now has a few more keywords.
* The buffs from the crown of Aramus no longer stay if you remove the crown.
* Artifact feeding from zones has been decreased.
September 16th, 2016
* Troll regen increased slightly, Huntsman forest regen down.
* Epic zones should now hit neutral instead of bouncing another step.
-The epic zones list now shows neutral as a possibility instead of blank.
* The misty electrum shortsword named 'Blur' should now display procs properly.
* The staff of blue flames should now display properly when proc'ing as well.
September 13th, 2016
* Breath weapon damage downed some.
* Surnames should now not reset.
* 'toggle wimpy' and 'toggle screen' size should now work right.
* 'toggle quest' option modified:
-(Q) means they have a complete quest.
-(Q) means they give bartender quests.
-(Q) means they have an ask quest.
-(Q) means they are bartender quest targets.
-This display is now active for all levels.
* Myrloch Vale has been tweaked; you must kill the warlord of fire to get access to the vault, which once again contains coins.
-Also, the warlord of fire now has possession of a small rune-covered stone instead of it being on the ground.
September 7th, 2016
* Timer on feign death has been increased to 10 mins. (1/3 of that for Necromancers).
* Breath weapon damage increased significantly.
-Exp on such mobs has been doubled.
September 4th, 2016
* The command 'l i <obj>' is now the same as 'l in <obj>'.
* The command 'toggle surname <...>' is now just 'surname <...>'. It now takes numbers and words (ie 'surname tough').
* The command 'toggle surname' now turns surnames on and off.
September 1st, 2016
* Maps are visible again via moving.. oops.
* Mobs no longer track through / to !mob rooms.
* You can now 'l u' for 'look up' and 'l d' for 'look down'.
* A black staff headed with a goat skull no longer has a bad ghetto proc giving it a negative ival.
August 31st, 2016
* The spell 'faerie sight' is now refreshable. It will consume some faerie dust, if there is any in the caster's inventory and the spell needs refreshing.
* Mobs should now attempt to leave safe rooms instead of poofing.
-Pets should no longer leave safe rooms nor poof in them.
* A waistband of rock and stone now modifies armor class in a good way.
* You must now type out the full direction for 'look north', 'look south', etc. or just use the one or two letter abbreviation ('look ne').
* A couple typos fixed.
August 25th, 2016
* The item value of an item is now increased by the effect protection from good.
* Item values of items with max-stat effects have been increased.
* Firbolgs no longer have a faster-than-Barbarian-and-Troll pulse.
* Quest items and containers now use the zone files' load percentages instead of being 100% load.
* A solid steel key is now held by a drunk sailor instead of in his inventory.
* The scales of Kyzastaxkasis are now a 10% rare load item.
* The toggles 'no level' and 'no locate' now use the space instead of being 'nolocate' and 'nolevel' to match the toggle status table.
-Note that 'no locate' still comes before 'no level' in the list, so you must type at least 'toggle no le' to toggle no level.
* Monk Updates:
-Monks now have a slight damage reduction.
-There is now a chance for a Monk to do .5% max health squared damage (min regular damage, max 225 damage).
This attack takes up two of the normal attacks the Monk would get in a round.
This attack only occurs on PCs.
This attack can not be parried or dodged etc.
The possibility for this attack increases with level (25% chance at level 56) and is always active.
-Monks innate evasion has been reduced from 15% to 5%.
-The purpose of these changes is to make Monks more aligned to being tank-busters and not everything-busters.
August 24th, 2016
* The spells 'minor creation' and 'create food' now show the items appearing even if the caster is invisible to the viewer.
* God Commands: instacast added, and ingame can now take multiple %p's.
* The spell 'hellfire' is now spec-only (Still not available to Violators).
* A glowing necklace aka the necklace of regeneration is no longer obtainable via bartender quests.
* BeRSeRKeRs have gained the mount skill.
* Evils now have a 10% increase in all damage. This is for balance and may be adjusted.
August 18th, 2016
* Goodies ordering pets into a pulsating shadowrift now end up in the right part of The Tharnadian Ruin.
* A swirling staff of air conjuration now has a use proc (prismatic cube once per rl day) as well as the call lightning say lightning proc (usable once per rl hour).
August 17th, 2016
* Artifacts on the ground should no longer double-hum.
* There should no longer be any 'unnamed object' objects in the game.
* All of the ship stuff is now in one zone file (no more player_ships.*). This means more room for new zones.
August 13th, 2016
* The spell 'corpseform' has been disabled due to a bug. If you got stuck as a different race, please petition.
* The level cap xp modifiers are no longer quite as severe, and high level mobs are now worth a bit more exp.
* Fixed a crash bug with 'wall of bones' being cast on a non-existant corpse.
* Fixed a bug where people were being tasked at multiples of 256 epics instead of 500.
* Updated wall cast times: wall of flames down, wall of ice down, wall of stone down, wall of iron down, wall of force up, wall of bones up, wall of air down.
* The spell 'battle ecstasy' should no longer override vamping from fists / kicks.
* A marooned xixchil has found a way to protect his cash from murderers and thieves.
* The legendary cutlass 'Sanguine Song' is now located on Haratius Drakenstone and has had its proc downgraded.
* The spell 'shatter' has been downgraded.
* A couple typos fixed.
* a glorious copper mallet should now load always.
* Reaver springleap now caps at 100.
August 2nd, 2016
* Reavers now get 'dimension door' at 10th circle, and Shock Reavers get 'flight' (self only fly) at 9th circle.
* A silvery ring with engraved sigils is no longer limited by class.
* Revenant strength and constitution have been increased.
July 29th, 2016
* A longsword called 'Flame of the North' has had its proc re-enabled.
* Setting titles with bad ansi formats no longer crashes the mud.
* A few newbie items have been flagged no-sell so you can't salvage them anymore.
* Orc BeRSeRKeRs now get newbie gear.
* The unspec altar should no longer give you a pray message after you pray to it.
* The spell 'cegilunes searing blade' should now work properly.
* The spell 'battle ecstasy' now gives slightly more vamp.
* Anti-Paladins now get a 15% higher vamp cap.
July 18th, 2016
* Outposts should work correctly now.
* You can now petition for me to approve a new char name.
* Electrical execution got a slight downgrade.
* Bigbys clenched fist now caps at lvl 50 instead of 56.
* A bug with zone traps has been fixed.
* The holy avenger of Ambran and a blood red sword named 'Death Rider' now grant 30 ac in addition to the ac from agi boost.
* If you society deposit more than your fine, it won't go negative, but clear the fine instead.
July 13th, 2016
* Coldshield, Fireshield, etc should now do more damage.
* Guilds should now get construction points as appropriate.
July 7th, 2016
* New characters should start with the well-rested bonus again.
* PC pets should no longer attack if their master is in the room.
* The maul skill should notch more often now.
* You should no longer be able to notch springleap by targetting a non-standing victim.
* Illusionists have learned the spell penetration epic skill.
* The level cap display on the frag list should show correctly now.
* Holding your breath and drowning should be less buggy now.
* Negative move regen is possible now.
* Bards no longer get extra move regen while singing song of flight for each group member.
* If you give an order that makes your pet(s) appear, you will appear as well.
* Yzar has been limited to the following races: Shade, Revenant, Lich, Vampire, Death Knight, Shadow Beast, Wight, Phantom, Parasite and Slime.
June 30th, 2016
* Druids no longer have the quick chant skill; it's auto as always.
* Pets are no longer aggressive to group members or to eachother (if they have the same master).
* The 'society fine' command should work right now.
June 29th, 2016
* The ship crews in Tharnadia should be purchasable now.
* A small key of ethereal fae magic is now takeable, so you can get it from a container.
* Sneak is no longer reversed (things that didn't sneak were, and things that were sneaking weren't).
* The Illusionist spell 'asphyxiate' is now available to mobs.
June 27th, 2016
* The innate swamp sneak now only works in Swamp rooms and Slime rooms.
* Hitpoint gear is no longer affected by racial con mods. Those of you with low con may see a jump in hps, and those with high con might see a drop.
* A displacer beast from Newhaven should now randomly roam GC.
* Fixed a typo that was causing guild prestige to double every time instead of increment.
* The spell 'magma burst' is now 9th circle for the Fire Magus spec.
* The spell 'solar flare' now procs immolate more often.
* The spell 'natures calling' now works when not in a group.
June 26th, 2016
* The command 'look tactical 50 234424234' no longer crashes the mud.
* When casting a self-only spell, you can now use me / self as well as your name as an argument.
* When typing epic skills to get a list, those requiring a pre-requisite skill (ie improved track) should show up properly.
* When typing practice at an epic teacher, you should now see the cost or a message telling you you don't have access to the skill.
* When reaching 100 in an epic skill, you now get a "You have mastered ..." message.
* You must now have knowledge of a pre-requisite skill equal to the amount you train your epic skill to (ie track must be 100 before you can learn improved track to 100).
* An ancestral longsword of strength is no longer misspelled as loggsword.
* A collection pool and a waterfall from Newhaven should no longer sink and wind up in Sea Kingdom.
* Zealots should no longer see NULL during their fight proc.
* If you empty a container that has coins in it into another container with coins, there will be two piles of coins in the second container (they won't merge).
June 24th, 2016
* A stale ration is now takeable.
* The place where you buy ship crews in Tharnadia has been moved 1 east (into a new room).
* Item values on hit/dam items that are not weapons have been increased.
* The branch innate for Plants now shows messages and works on same size or smaller.
* The damroll and hitroll variables have been changed to integers. This means you can go negative in both, and you won't go so low you get high, or so high you get low.
* Dragons under level 60 now kick for more than 1 damage.
* The innate call of the grave now lasts a little longer based on skill level.
* The spell 'wall of bones' has been tweaked such that you can no longer cast it on doors, and it no longer crashes the mud if cast without an argument.
* Newhaven has had a final revision.
* Bash ability is now more level based; expect low levels to miss more often vs high levels.
* Mobs shouldn't auto-engage quite so quickly.
June 23rd, 2016
* Yzar has been rerolled as a Rogue.
June 18th, 2016
* Weapon types should display correctly again.
* A flaming lance is now usable.
* A huge mithril lance is no longer limited to certain races.
* Trying to empty a container into itself no longer hangs the mud.
* You should no longer see two messages when using 'lesser mending' on yourself.
* The spell 'psychic crush' should cast faster now.
* You can now use a teak fishing rod as a fishing pole (from Newhaven).
* You can now see the frag-cap when you type 'frag'.
* All PCs can now use petition regardless of race.
* PC animals can now get, wear, drop, and put things.
* Guild prestige and construction points should now save properly.
* There is now a message when a rested or well-rested bonus wears off.
* Reduced fishing noise distance to 15 rooms, and mining distance to 20.
* All Kuo Toa mobs should now be race Kuo Toa.
* Typing climb while already affected by the skill now shows a message.
* An ancient jade plaque is now a quest reward again.
* Objects with enhanced effects should now save and load properly.
* A HUGE rockworm is no longer a Human but a Slime like the rest of the rockworms in the Pits of Cerberus.
* The mob, Vulgaris, is now a male to match his description.
* The Arachnid innate webwrap now works on sizes 0/+1/+2.
* The toggles for gcc and acc are now turned on when joining a guild.
* You can no longer crash the mud by casting a wall at an exit you can't return from (one-way).
* Guild member names are now aligned left instead of right.
* Wraiths now get innate fly.
* Gafrizzen, the Dean of Admissions, is no longer aggro.
* The proc on the flawless broadsword, Reliance, is no longer broken.
* The spell 'psychic crush' now takes a little longer to will.
* You should now see the short description of a corpse when a mob devours it.
* The damage for the spell 'asphyxiate' has been made level based.
* The various forms of sneak and calming should now be vastly more effective.
* The enter command should no longer invoke aggression (ie you can double-enter a portal again).
* A lot of cleanup to guild code: The frag guild code should now work right, the order of members should remain the same throughout wipes now, and various data should save properly.
* A fiery-orange sash from the Plane of Fire, Brass should now affect your save-spell in a beneficial manner.
* A thin dragonskin cloak coated with brass from the same zone should now have a say-hide proc.
* Illusionist pets should now get grouped before attacking their targets (hence, no stealing kills).
* The spell 'razor wind' is now 9th circle instead of 10th.
* You can no longer "dim 2.squid" in Thetis's Realm.
June 15th, 2016
* If you want to see a list of short swords in game:
(You might have to download/open it...)
June 13th, 2016
* You can now preform most society commands on people who are offline.
* On the society list, there is now a o for an online member and a + for a linkdead yet online member.
* The newbie item, a steel long sword, is now usable by Necromancers and Ethermancers.
* A mob that returns from its senses after being KO'd will now attack again.
* The spells 'forked lightning' and 'ice spikes' are a little less level-dependent for damage, and the damage varies a little less.
* Sharing a spill blood task or nexus task should be fixed. Anyone who needs a buggy task fixed, let an Immortal know.
* A slab of granite and a slab of granite are now both made out of granite.
* Trolls now have innate swamp sneak at level 11.
* You are now capped by the frag-level cap when touching epic stones.
* Reapers now get an actual damage bonus to the spell 'energy drain' and the actual damage varies less, but retains the same average damage.
* You can now use the stare and stomp keywords when trying to drag an object (ie drag corpse stare mirror).
* Bards rejoice; you can now cast even when you're in recovery from a failed song.
* People who are KO'd no longer receive an awareness check.
* Summoners and Ethermancers can now use a swirling staff of air conjuration.
* The soc g or soc toggle command now works properly.
* The City of Newhaven has been reworked. The main entrance goes to the normal side, and the portal goes to the undead side and lots of other changes.
* Guild construction points and prestige are not saving. This will be fixed asap.
June 9th, 2016
* The spell 'inertial barrier' now has a to-caster message upon successful cast.
* The innate 'Spirit of the Rrakkma' now grants ac as well as shrug.
* The Minotaur in Vargan are now actually Minotaurs.
* The chance for sneaking and calming to work was increased.
* Made a valiant effort to plug all the memory leaks in MySQL code.
* The time spent in heaven for multiple PvP deaths has increased.
June 8th, 2016
* Seems you can delete characters again. Sorry about that.
* The news now line-wraps again on webpages. Thanks to Torgal.
* The one-hour rule should no longer prevent logging in on another side after the timer runs out.
* Parasites should no longer be able to bite as quickly. Also, damage for bite was reviewed, and lag added to bites.
* Ship PvP should now invoke the PvP tag on everyone on the attacking and defending ships.
* Innate calming and charisma calming chances should now apply to the new AI for aggro mobs.
* Sneak should also now apply to the new AI for aggro mobs.
* Prices on a potion of endurance have increased.
* A new spell 'compact corpse' is in. This allows a necromancer to turn a corpse into a takeable pile of bones used in conjunction with 'wall of bones'.
* The spell 'wall of bones' was reduced to 7th circle.
* The skill 'gaze' now stops casting all the time if successful.
* Elementals have a couple innates: invis for air, fireshield and aura for fire, and stone for earth.
* The random-item dirks are now daggers not short swords.
* Inante acid blood and skill tainted blade tweaked slightly.
June 5th, 2016
* The crashbug with followers is fixed.
* The bug with rounding error on level cap is fixed.
* You can now see maps when on a ferry that moves.
June 4th, 2016
* A few crash bug fixes.
* You can now delete chars again.
* There is now a portal in Kimordril that leads to the UD near QQ.
* The attributes command should now show properly for low levels (no more excellent becomming very good).
* Neutral racewar side no longer nchats to the whole mud.
* Undefined racewar side only nchats to Immortals.
* Removed a debugging message in 'soc name ...'.
* Guild commands can now be used for any in-game person you can see as opposed to them having to be in the same room.
* The Dreadlord class has learned to bandage.
* Yzar should no longer double-die if he enters game and then switches to a low-con race.
* Yzar should no longer double-change at 3am.
June 3rd, 2016
---=== We have wiped! ===---
* Beholder fear no longer reduces your hit/dam so low it cycles below minimum and up to max.
* Containers are no longer rare-load.
* Everyone now gets one additional _base_ hitpoint per level and base hps are now affected by racial con.
* The minimum random load percentage has been raised from 25% to 50%. This percentage is halved for artifacts.
-Additionally, for each item that fails to load, the next item's chance is increased by 5% (stacks).
* Ships now delete correctly when a character is deleted.
* You should now be able to use two &&'s to generate one & instead of having it fail for being an ansi sequence.
* A new zone, The Temple of Laduguer, has been added SE of the UD shaft with a drow cleric and SW from Khildarak Stronhold.
-Avg mob level: 30. Range: 11 to 46 with one level 57 mob.
* Exp has been made easier all around.
* You no longer need dexterity to bodyslam.
* Necromancer Changes:
-Lich pets are no longer Archmagi, but just class Sorcerer now.
-The 'gate' spell has been added at 10th circle.
-The 'wall of bones' spell has been added at 10th circle as well.
* Portals have opened up in Tharnadia, Shady Grove, and Khildarak Stronghold.
-These portals are available to level 10 through 35 characters, and transport them to the opposing racewar's continent.
* You can no longer dim to giant squid to get into Thetis's Realm.
* Coral reefs on the ocean now show as r instead of r.
* The forests on the surface map are no longer inverted in color. Also, the winds now blow the trees from * to *.
* There is now a global level cap!
-This cap is limited to the amount of frags of the highest player.
-It starts at level 25.
-It increases by 1 level for each .4 frags of the highest fragger.
-For those not on the high-fragger's racewar side, this cap is reduced by one.
-At 12.8 frags, everyone will be able to reach level 56.
-You receive less experience once you reach the cap and are ready for the next level.
* The skill 'sneaky strike' is now limited to sizes +1 / 0 / -1.
* The One-Hour Rule should now be automatically enforced. Upon attempting to break the rule, you will be told what side you were last on, as well as how long until you can log onto another side.
-You will then be disconnected. However, this does not mean those who find a way around the rule will not be punished.
* A few immortal commands have been added.
* PC pets that manage to get pets of their own (via spells 'elemental swarm', 'dragon', etc) now have timers for when they poof.
* The blood bonus is now affected by racial / class / racewar / etc modifiers for both killer and victim.
* Moves and move regen for mounts has increased.
* Mounting a mount now increases its carried weight by the sum of your weight and your carried weight.
* The EQ-Wipe flag has been removed.
* Added domino to 'a butterfly mask' so educated people know it's not a full-face mask, but just an eye cover.
* The messages for flank have been fixed.
* The 'climb' skill now gives you a 0-50% chance to not fall in a floor-less room.
* The types of items you can acquire via forage has been vastly increased. Also, the descriptions of these items are now accurate.
* The 'sticks to snakes' spell is now more interesting:
-The damage from arrows in the victim's inventory is now based on the damage of the arrow.
-Minotaur poop is no longer considered an arrow (wth, right?).
-Some "arrows" are now really arrows.
-The color of an arrow determines its damage type.
* The occasional urge to relieve yourself has been re-added.
* The MindFlayer class has learned to kick.
* A myriad of commands now invoke a check for aggressive monsters to attack (ie no dancing when aggros are in the room without cost).
* Astral banishment from '(un)holy word' is now limited to PvP. Also, note that a wispy astral-twined mindstone ring will prevent banishment entirely.
* A wispy astral-twined mindstone ring is no longer limited by class but by race (Githyanki, Githzerai, Illithid, Phantom and Shade).
* The artifacts command now takes major as an argument (same as main, as opposed to unique and ioun).
* A marooned xixchil now can show you artifacts that are in containers.
* A marooned xixchil can now show you major, unique, and ioun artifacts upon request (use "list <artifact type>"). Prices vary.
* A marooned xixchil will also respond to keywords artifacts, unique, major and ioun.
* You no longer receive bonus experience every 30 kills within 30 minutes.
-This has been replaced with a bonus kill percentage that increases with kills up to 20% per kill.
* You should now gain melee experience for each character that is attacking you.
* You can now dismount onto Fire Plane rooms without levitate or fly. You can no longer dismount onto UD water rooms without levitate or fly.
* Agnut the shaman no longer pretends his name is Agnot sometimes.
* The Tharnadian soldiers no longer pretend they are from Winterhaven sometimes.
* Pfiles will be backed up each boot, and backups will be retained for 1 rl week.
-Pfiles will not be restored unless both sides agree.
* Guild code has been updated from C to C++ object-oriented. Hopefully, this will be transparet to you.
-Alliances and Building code has been updated from C to C++ object-oriented too.
-You now get a message when your guild is deleted upon login.
-Founding a guild should now show the proper name of the guild-founding mob
-Guild titles, as well as some other strings, should no longer end in "&&+" or such when being truncated and never bleed.
*Ships should be colored per their racewar side.
* The KK portal in Ardgral should no longer be so camouflaged.
* You can no longer salvage cursed equipment.
* You can now only share an epic task if you are the original reciever of said task!
* Yzar will be afflicted by 'curse of yzar' for the duration of this wipe.
-He will be moved to his own racewar side.
-This will change his race every mud day at 3am.
-His default race will be a bony skeleton lacking a soul.
-Attempts to avoid his race changes should all be fruitless.
-If you are a good and see "A Human enters from the west." it is probably Yzar and not a global echo.
-However, if you see "A Hooman enters from the north." it's just me.
* The Bard song of healing has been reduced significantly.
* The 'call lightning' spell from the Bard song of storms now has a reduced level.
* Pets no longer are happy when a Bard charms their master.
* Random equipment should now have a more realistic weight (beware the adamantium platemail!).
* There are a few new material types for random equipment.
* The stats on random equipment have been adjusted slightly.
* Added spell 'ice spikes' for Ethermancer - Frost Magus.
* Added spell 'wall of air' for Air Magus and Tempest Magus.
* Lowered 'wall of iron' from 10th circle to 8th circle for Star Magus.
* Archazel no longer pretends to be Archahzel.
* The message for equipment that is hit by disintegrate should now be fixed.
* Changes to itemvalues:
-Item values for det-evil, det-good, det-magic, pff, pfc, pfl, pfg, pfa, pf animal, pf living, (gr) spirit ward, pow/cha/luck have all been reduced.
-Item values for inertial barrier, vamp, hit/dam, hitpoints, ac, and other attributes (not pow/cha/luck) at low mods have all been increased.
-Item values for all weapons have been increased based on dice.
-Item values for all stabbers have been decreased based on dice (they were a little out of hand).
* You can now use # to see help Summoner during class selection in character creation, and you now use x to select Blighter.
* You will no longer be day/night blind. If you have infra, you will see normally, and without you'll see red shapes when you would've been day/night blind.
* The random stones that occasionally drop and are found in pirate chests can no longer be used with craft nor forge.
* Magical essences and random equipment should load more often.
* The toggle guildname option is fully functional.
* the boots of inertia are now a major artifact.
May 23rd, 2016
* I will continue to load 50 additional random mobs (for epic boon) every 5 minutes since this was popular.
* A Magical Green Mushroom from the Sylvan Woods will grant up to level 50 for the rest of the wipe.
* The epic bonus for random mobs has been increased to 20.
May 17th, 2016
* There's a new boon that gives 10 epics for each random mob killed.
-There will be 50 additional random mobs loaded for the rest of this boot (and possibly the next).
* The boons for a Magical Green Mushroom from the Sylvan Woods have been updated.
-There are two for a sex crazed prostitute and a grinning merchant in Vella's Bordello for goods.
-There is one for an adult orc in the Village of Split Shield for evils.
May 3rd, 2016
* Cheaters list updated.
---=== Official wipe date: Friday, June 3, 2016 around 9pm, if everything goes as planned. ===---
April 29th, 2016